Feature request: in-game wardrobe for immersion

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Anomie
x4

Feature request: in-game wardrobe for immersion

Post by Anomie » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:01

Could you add something like an in-game wardrobe for immersion please.

I like playing the Terran plot, even if I personally don't like the look of Terrans at all.
But the thing is, if you play the Terran plot as Raibu, for example and then at you get to the point where you want to infiltrate ANT,
it's just stupid that my character looks like a terran, even if that's supposed to be a "covert operation".

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: 7.00 FEEDBACK in-game wardrobe for immersion

Post by CBJ » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:37

This is not feedback on the beta, it's a feature request. Moved to the main forum.

Socratatus
x4

Re: Feature request: in-game wardrobe for immersion

Post by Socratatus » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 21:30

Anomie wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 24, 17:01
Could you add something like an in-game wardrobe for immersion please.

I like playing the Terran plot, even if I personally don't like the look of Terrans at all.
But the thing is, if you play the Terran plot as Raibu, for example and then at you get to the point where you want to infiltrate ANT,
it's just stupid that my character looks like a terran, even if that's supposed to be a "covert operation".
I'm all for a whole clothes/uniform changes not just for the Player but your crew as well. In fact, I think we should go back to the variety of clothing we used to have for npcs in the game, with fewer soldier-like uniforms. Just make the clothing more-up-to-date, ie look quality. Platforms really look bland with everyone in samey uniforms.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

TroubledRabbit

Re: Feature request: in-game wardrobe for immersion

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 19:18

while it may be not a great priority it would be 'nice to have'.
From setting the 'company dresscode' to just seeing more than a 2/3 variants of the same over and over again. Assets are already in game anyway.
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”