[Request] 7.00 Rescue Reminder is needed.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

[Request] 7.00 Rescue Reminder is needed.

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 00:46

Love the rescue mechanic and that NPCs can be saved now...
However...

Sometimes you can end up with a someone needing rescuing, but miss it. I, in fact, just lost my top pilot, but it was useful cos now I can make this request. I was really busy way over in Yaki land and didn't realise her ship was gone and she was floating helplessly in space on her dwindling oxygen. Last I remember was telling her to Flee, before going back to what I was doing. I guess her ship was destroyed and she floated until she died.

I suggest we have a 5 minute `mayday` or `call` system. The stranded person makes an audio call every 5 minutes (or one call per ship group) or there's a 'Mayday' heads-up text message every 5 minutes in the lower left corner until they die. This emergency Mayday text/call can be switched off by the Player if he wishes.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

maderas
x4

Re: [Request] 7.00 Rescue Reminder is needed.

Post by maderas » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 05:45

Do Xenon and Kha'ak target the escape pods? I saw them destroy NPC ones all the time prior to 7.00 beta.

Socratatus
x4

Re: [Request] 7.00 Rescue Reminder is needed.

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 12:51

maderas wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 24, 05:45
Do Xenon and Kha'ak target the escape pods? I saw them destroy NPC ones all the time prior to 7.00 beta.
I don't know. I never got to see how this npc died cos it was like an hour later before I noticed she and the ship were no more. It was dying of lack of air or maybe being shot, dunno.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Return to “X4: Foundations”