Help needed with editing Jobs file

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rockettman
xr

Help needed with editing Jobs file

Post by Rockettman » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 12:57

Hi all, I am trying to boost the performance of X3:R on my computer by removing all of the useless civilian ships in the galaxy.

I read a few posts which said to open the Jobs.pck file using Doubleshadow's editor and delete the lines;
6101 Taxi service
6102 Civilian ship
6103 Taxi service
6104 Civilian ship

I have deleted these lines and saved the Jobs.pck file, however this causes all of the ships in the galaxy to have nothing where their name should be.

http://s24.postimg.org/snhzrb6lh/2013_11_26_00001.jpg
Screenshot of the problem

It seems as if all of the NPC ships have been removed from the jobs file. I also tried reducing the numbers of civilian ships, but this had the same effect. I would really appreciate some help on how to fix this if anyone knows how.

:D

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 03:21

Im trying to do the complete opposite :D. Im using the extended mod and that mod reduce civilian ships, at least it use to do that, and I want more life, more competition.

I know that back in 2010 I found some info regarding how to edit those jobs file but I must look for it first. I also think there has been made mods to do reduce civilian ships before, if I can find it.

I will make a new post when I have more info :)

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 05:51

Can I ask why only those is the one that should be deleted?
Is that the only ones that dont really have any real function in game?

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:14

As far as I know, the civilian ships are only there to make the galaxy seem busier and to provide target practice for enemies.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 14. Dec 13, 22:51

Instead of deleting those lines you can edit them in X3 Editor v2. Select cat manager and find the latest cat file in X3 game directory with jobs.pck. Chose open with job editor. Then you can find those lines you mentioned and edit:
Max. number of jobs
Max. number of jobs in sector

Rockettman
xr

Post by Rockettman » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 13:29

xxx73 wrote:Instead of deleting those lines you can edit them in X3 Editor v2. Select cat manager and find the latest cat file in X3 game directory with jobs.pck. Chose open with job editor. Then you can find those lines you mentioned and edit:
Max. number of jobs
Max. number of jobs in sector
I already tried that, same result :lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”