[S][03.06.08][1.2] Fight Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Wed, 30. May 07, 06:44

The site works perfectly fine...he just forgot to change the name of the file in the link. Use this one: Fight Command Software Mk3 V1.11
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

JBL

Post by JBL » Wed, 30. May 07, 07:39

Little confused as to which files go where :oops:

I am using XTM (game in progress) and it is installed as a fake patch
Windows XP/Vista (Dual Boot)
Pentium 4 3.6
Memory 4 GB
Video ATI X1600 512
Dual LG 22" Monitors
Saitek X52

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Wed, 30. May 07, 14:42

:oops:

well, i corrected it. Sry for that. If a link doesn't work, you can download it from the german forum of from my website.
I'll host a few more mirrors within the next days, so there's no problem, when the server's down.

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Thu, 31. May 07, 09:27

I Think your mod causes problems with the Xtendet 0.7a.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Thu, 31. May 07, 12:39

It's not even a mod, as you say, these are scripts. Why do you think it does not work with the XTM? Anything specific? It would be helpful other than stating that it doesn't work.

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:08

I Think your mod causes problems with the Xtendet 0.7a.
Which version of FCS MK3 are you using? What's the problem exactly?

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Thu, 31. May 07, 15:34

The Fight Command Software MK3 1.11 doesn't cause more problems with XTM than with the normal game, except the lack of performance, which is caused by the XTM-Ships:
In X3 Vanilla, there are 7.000 NPC-Ships flying through space. The XTM increases this amount up to 17.000.

This may cause fps-problems while using the SETA and probably some script-problems.
If there are lots (2.500) of FCS MK3-ships at the same time in many sectors or a lot (250) of them in the current sector fighting against enemies, it's possible, that the ships stay in space for a second without moving.

In the last case, the fps will be too low to recognize it, because there'd be thousands of laser bullets flying through space.

Well, so: What's the problem? Please explain as detailled as you can, including the command, number of ships, version of FCS MK3 and GAIUS* (if you installed GAIUS after installing the FCS MK3)

If you think, there's a CTD at game start caused by it, you've installed the old version.

* Global AI Upgrade Scripts by ... me ^^ It improves the AI of every single ship in the universe. Use is optional, but it has to be installed to use the FCS MK3.

<Edit>
Why are there people thinking, it's a mod?
The title wrote:[S][29.05.07][1.11] Fight Command Software MK3: The new fighting AI
As you can see, it's a Script. There's no incompatibility with a mod (except, there's an incompatible script package coming with it) ;)

btw: If you want to know for sure: I'm using the XTended Mod, so there really is no incompatibility.

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:57

After I installed your scripts, the new campaigns within the custom game where gone.

So I suggested, that this would be somehow connected with your scripts. And Indeed after deleting your scripts the new campaigns where available again.

I was using the lates version.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Thu, 31. May 07, 18:11

... The campaigns were gone?
:o

The Fight Command Software MK3 doesn't have an effect on the startpoints of any mod. Are you sure, you didn't delete any script or so?

As i said, this script doesn't have an effect on startpoints - how should it?
I'm able to start the campaigns with my software without problems (well, the normal fps-problems caused by thousands of ships)...

Sry, but I'm unable to help you, as it's no problem caused by my script directly. If it's really ... erm... "caused" by my script, you can start the game and install the software later...

killuminati-ita

Post by killuminati-ita » Thu, 31. May 07, 19:48

It's been already reportet on WTM forum that ANY script you install make the custom start disappear from the menu. try to reinstall the script package of the XTM they should reappear.
E POI IL PYTHON E' SGRAVO!! ^^

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Fri, 1. Jun 07, 04:07

killuminati-ita wrote:It's been already reportet on WTM forum that ANY script you install make the custom start disappear from the menu. try to reinstall the script package of the XTM they should reappear.
I concur. Any script installed after XTM would disrupt the XTM custom starts. XTM scripts should be installed last, and if you install anything new then you should remove and install the script again (no, not disable and enable).

JBL

Post by JBL » Fri, 1. Jun 07, 06:08

Just installed this using XTM and saved game. I,m glad I did now for the first time I see my ships attacking/responding much faster :!: previously I was always disappointed and in fact lost ships due to lack of response.

Many Thanks
Windows XP/Vista (Dual Boot)
Pentium 4 3.6
Memory 4 GB
Video ATI X1600 512
Dual LG 22" Monitors
Saitek X52

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 10:15

I'm just wondering, does your scripts change any of the vanilla stock commands themsevles? (such as attack, protect, jump, etc) Is it responsible for the extra question when I tell a ship to jump? I'm only asking because I remember seeing non-xml type of scripts in your script package, and I'm also having some trouble with my "Jump to Sector" command (only that one), though I'm not sure which script is responsible for it. Might not be yours =/

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sat, 2. Jun 07, 20:56

Well, my script just uses the ego-scripts to call my own ones, if allowed. I didn't change the scripts themselves and i don't have something to do with the Jump-command, i swear :D

TheGunslinger77
x3

Post by TheGunslinger77 » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 11:00

hi...

i post the dumb question of the week:

is it possible to make a -lightweight- MK3 script for
ppl like me who doesn't have more than one core? :D

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 12:24

Yeah, I think it's called MK2 :P... just kidding.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 14:59

Well... it wouldn't be as effective as the current version, because there wouldn't be any interrupt... and that's the main advantage of this script... so you could simply take the normal AI without this script.

I'm trying for months to improve the performance of this script, which is almost impossible. I was able to improve some of the scripts, but, as i said, there's always a problem between performance and quality.

btw: There has been another fight script package released, which has no improvements so far... it's just a package for scripters to work a bit better with the scripts (which is imho useless, because every scripter should be able to change signed scripts or to bridge them)

Well, the FCS MK3 is incompatible with this script package (Open Combat System)

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sat, 9. Jun 07, 13:57

New Release:

Version 1.12

There are a few minor bugfixes and: an english readme.

Have fun
- EL

KaZsaru

Post by KaZsaru » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 09:17

I dont suppose it wouldnt be rude to ask what is FLAME that you mentioned in the english readme? Says its the fleet management script designed to use Fight Command mk3.

I dont suppose an english version of that or any version of that is out now, is there?

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 14:36

It's not finished so far, because of the following reasons...
Well, that's a small history lesson :D:

In the fall 2006, Victus [KBG] had a suggestion for a complete fleet management including refueling, automatic squads aso.
As i didn't have any project so far (my complex tool was finished so far [only german, translation would take months]), i started scripting this fleet management.
Well, i came to the point, where i had to say, that the fighting AI was too stupid for doing a good squad work. That's, when i wrote my first fighting AI - in only 4 days!
It had the problem, that it worked in a completely unusual way. there weren't script task interrupts, but script task starts... It would have been worked for FLAME, but when i wrote, that there's an AI on my PC, which is able to dodge lasers and use its own ones better then the current one, the german forum wanted me to release it... And there was a suggestion for the name: Fight Command Software MK3 (well, actually "Kampfsoftware MK3", as it was a german suggestion :D).
I knew that it wasn't finished, so i released version 0.8Beta.

A few days ago, i recognized, that this AI wouldn't have a future... so i started writing a better one, which you now know as Fight Command Software MK3 v1.12 ^^ This software took me 7 months to be written, and there's still a major problem with it... which I'll fix the within next few hours, of course.

When BalaGi has been released, It didn't work on my PC... so i saved my scripts and reinstalled X3... but it still didn't work... I reinstalled it once more - but i forgot to save my scripts this time.
Result: My FLAME Devscripts were lost. Now, that the FCS MK3 is almost finished, i can (re)start working on FLAME.
I think, that FLAME will be finished within the next 3 months... well, i hope so.

That's it so far.
Any questions?

Unfortunately, i can't show you the whole FLAME concept, as it's too complex to translate it. It works with a lot of options, which will work once you've set them. The Fleet shall be able to manage itself, but if the player wants, he'll have a lot of micro-management.
Auto-support using the transporter device will be able, as well as complex space wars. Big Ships (M2, M1, M0) will be able to be managed within battlefield... erm... battlespace using FLAME... and of course, it'll be able to make a strategic withdrawal.

btw: FLAME isn't designed to use the FCS MK3, the FCS MK3 is designed to be used by FLAME ;)

Of course, GAIUS and the FCS MK3 will have to be installed for FLAME. Every single ship in the fleet will have to have a Fight Command Software MK3.. which will be bought automatically by FLAME.

That's, when digital war's fun.

Edit:
:o
Somebody's reading the readme... wow
:D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”