Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump - Criminal Procecution

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 17:08

True, but it doesn't help if US justice becomes even more tainted. But the way things are going, US justice is always been stretched to tghe breaking point over Trump.

Now, Trunp has been accused of taking bribes from foreign countries. up to 8m in the first two years of his presidency. Before the GOP put a stop to the investigation in year 3. So the amount could be far higher. And a few of the countries are middle eastern in nature. And the Dems have the receipts. Plus been a clear violation of the constitution. (not that it bothers the GOP of course.

Doubt there will be any trial over this. But the dems are hoping to pass some bills to tighten the rules and the law. So while Trump might have took a step back in running his businesses, that seems not to be the case. (at least not totally)

It never rains but it pours.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 6. Jan 24, 00:06

SCOTUS has decided that it will rule on whether Trump is eligible to run for President, and it won't be just for those states that are trying to ban him, but it will affect all the states which is what I said it is a big gamble for trump to appeal that decision and now that appeal could sink him for good. I have no idea just how this vote will go, there are for sure 3 votes that will vote for him being banned and 2 that he shouldn't but of those 2 one of them Justice Clarence Thomas is being told he should recuse himself due to a conflict of interest as his wife is a supporter of Trump, so we don't know what is going to happen there. The rest of them have voted against Trump on many occasions, so there is no way of knowing what way they will vote. So this has the chance of being trumps biggest mistake out of all of them.

BBC

As for Alina Habba, I doubt she will hold a law licence by this time next year, if she does still have it, it won't be for much longer.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sat, 6. Jan 24, 18:33

felter wrote:
Sat, 6. Jan 24, 00:06
SCOTUS has decided that it will rule on whether Trump is eligible to run for President, and it won't be just for those states that are trying to ban him, but it will affect all the states which is what I said it is a big gamble for trump to appeal that decision and now that appeal could sink him for good. I have no idea just how this vote will go, there are for sure 3 votes that will vote for him being banned and 2 that he shouldn't but of those 2 one of them Justice Clarence Thomas is being told he should recuse himself due to a conflict of interest as his wife is a supporter of Trump, so we don't know what is going to happen there. The rest of them have voted against Trump on many occasions, so there is no way of knowing what way they will vote. So this has the chance of being trumps biggest mistake out of all of them.

BBC

As for Alina Habba, I doubt she will hold a law licence by this time next year, if she does still have it, it won't be for much longer.
I would be incredibly shocked if they ended up ruling against him. I do not rule it out completely, but it seems highly unlikely. That being said if they actually decide to ban Trump, than things will get very spicy in America for the next few weeks after the ruling. I'd assume a few riots by his supporters at least, potentially worse.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 6. Jan 24, 21:56

I have no idea whether he will win or lose, but his lawyers (if that's what you want to call them) don't even think he is going to win, they are expecting him to be removed from running for President, as they are crying to anyone who will listen that 3 of the conservative Judges are going to rule against him, and they only require 2 of them for a Trump loss.

I don't think there will be any kind of trouble worth talking about if he is removed as either most of the ones who would cause the trouble are in jail already, about to go to jail or are frightened that they will go to jail, there may be a few that causes trouble, but I doubt there will be mass riots and/or protests. To be honest, I think a lot of them will be happy it happened, though they may not admit it.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 12:40

Also, Trump's team will be answering questions on a panel that will decide if he is eligible for prez immunity, as it still going through the appeal court. I think the hearing is set for this Tuesday. and some people are saying, the more questions that get asked, the less likely of a win. And considering the quality of his lawyers, I doubt they will come up with anything solid. Especailly because of their last minute silly filings they have been trying to do. Many are just laughable. So I think this will be another loss, then Trump might try and take this up with the supremes, but that will be a sure loss.
=

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 19:34

felter wrote:
Sat, 6. Jan 24, 21:56
I have no idea whether he will win or lose, but his lawyers (if that's what you want to call them) don't even think he is going to win, they are expecting him to be removed from running for President, as they are crying to anyone who will listen that 3 of the conservative Judges are going to rule against him, and they only require 2 of them for a Trump loss.

I don't think there will be any kind of trouble worth talking about if he is removed as either most of the ones who would cause the trouble are in jail already, about to go to jail or are frightened that they will go to jail, there may be a few that causes trouble, but I doubt there will be mass riots and/or protests. To be honest, I think a lot of them will be happy it happened, though they may not admit it.
I hope that you are correct about this, but I honestly think the opposite is the case. The hardcore elements of his fanbase had years to stockpile weopons and make plans. I reckong that if he gets removed from the ballot some of these militias will get active and as much as I'd like to dismiss them as incapable, I am sure there are some former soldiers in there who would know what they are trying to do and how to do it.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 20:33

Then the questions I have is just who are they going to attack, who are they going to hold responsible (ultimately it's Trump himself) and do you think no one is going to react and hold them responsible and or fight back, how much damage do you think they will cause, and what would be their hopeful accomplishment that they want to achieve.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 7. Jan 24, 21:56

clakclak wrote:
Sun, 7. Jan 24, 19:34
felter wrote:
Sat, 6. Jan 24, 21:56

I hope that you are correct about this, but I honestly think the opposite is the case. The hardcore elements of his fanbase had years to stockpile weopons and make plans. I reckong that if he gets removed from the ballot some of these militias will get active and as much as I'd like to dismiss them as incapable, I am sure there are some former soldiers in there who would know what they are trying to do and how to do it.
It would be a majorly fatal mistake on their part to think they're the only ones that are armed.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 00:53

felter wrote:
Sun, 7. Jan 24, 20:33
Then the questions I have is just who are they going to attack, who are they going to hold responsible (ultimately it's Trump himself) and do you think no one is going to react and hold them responsible and or fight back, how much damage do you think they will cause, and what would be their hopeful accomplishment that they want to achieve.
I honestly do not know enough about how they think to know whom the might attack, even there even is any violence. Quite frankly because I do not really know how they think you could be 100% correct (which I hope you are) and things stay peaceful. As to the question about rather or not I think no one is going to react, I think that people will absolutely react and I also think that ultimately if something like this happens they will be held accountable. Their ultimate goal would be the same it has always been, that part they communicate quite transparent, to reinstate Donald Trump as the de facto leader of America. As for how much damage they might cause, if we are lucky, we only deal with one or two idiots who are quickly stopped. If we are unlucky we get a few riots with injuries but no deaths. If things go really bad people could loose their lives like they did on Janurary 6. But I do not believe there will be a civil war or anything like that if that is what you wanted to know. I am far more concerned about individuals or small groups like the one that planned to kidnapp the governor of Michigan a few years ago.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 8. Jan 24, 05:17

My guess is, the Supreme Court will determine that since Trump has not been found guilty of insurrection by any lower court, the basis for States to exclude him from the ballot is invalid. I think they will say that they may revisit the case, if/when a lower court does indeed convict Trump of insurrection. Thus, they will decide in his favor.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 9. Jan 24, 13:57

I feel like every prosecutor needs to ask a question why isn't he found guilty yet.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 01:52

Couple of things first clakclak that question wasn't directed at you personally, it was a more general question for anyone as I cannot figure out who the target would be, I mean Jan 6th was pretty easy but not so with this one.

Observe the first judge to look at whether he was immune to prosecution did find him guilty of intersection, and it is on the record that he is an insurrectionist.

He has not been having a good time of it right now. He tried to appeal the appeal of his appeal to have his E. Jean Carroll trial stopped and stayed from happening next week, but the appeal against the appeal never even got out of the starting block before it was denied as he needed two of the 12 appeal Judges to agree to looking into it but not even one of them wanted anything to do with it, he would have lost that appeal anyway as he would have needed to have 7 of the 12 to side with him, and he couldn't even get 2.

His Immunity case also didn't look good for him either and that is all but for sure going to be denied, and I wouldn't be surprised that when he tries to take it to the supreme court that they just say nope not happening come back after your trial.

And today Melania's mother passed away and Trump tried to use that as an excuse to get his current trial in NY delayed as he wanted to do something or other related to his mothers-in-law death, of course Judge Engoron has gone, I'll show you the same compassion that you have shown for me, my family and my staff, DENIED. Karma is a bitch, baby. (I made that bit up, but it was still denied, but if he had shown some compassion then maybe he would have got some back). :D

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 12:25

Things could very well get worse for Trump,
Donald Trump Could Be ‘Doe 174’ in the Newly Released Jeffrey Epstein Documents: Report
So, not only a rapist, (and a judge has ruled that Trump can't say that he isn't a rapist) E Carroll case judge.

But now, fresh files are now emerging, that Trump boarded Epstein plane, (and Trump's son Eric might have done too)
But now could be tagged as a child sex offender. (the name Epstein should be fairly familiar)

https://www.inquisitr.com/donald-trump- ... ein-report

Trump has denied that he never has been on Epstein plane, or his private island) But if this does turn out to be true, it could have huge implications for him and others who have yet to be named. I guess more details will come out eventfully. So far, most of the documents are still under seal. So this could be be another bad thing for Trump. (especially if documents do link him on that plane)

Edit, if this is indeed true, would people want a child sex offender in the WH? Think of the security risks. and the outrage? So yeah, more bad news. (depending on which view point you take)
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 18:02

I think the whole Epstein thing is a bit of a nothing burger at this point. So what if Trump was on Epstein's plane, or even if he was on the island? That wouldn't make a hoot of a difference in the eyes of his supporters, who long ago, decided that the good (to them) in Trump, outweighs any bad that he might have done or might do in future.

The only thing that an increased link to Epstein will do, is add paper mache ammo for those who despise him. All of this foaming at the mouth from the anti-Trump crowd, is only adding to the drama and chaos that Trump and his supporters love and thrive on. We see it in the polls. Trump gains momentum, when liberals turn rabid.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 11. Jan 24, 20:55

The issue I have with the Trump Epstein saga is that there is audio records of Trump talking about his time with Epstein, there is video evidence of Trump with Epstein partying and ogling young girls dancing, there are countless written records of Trumps time with Epstein and not to mention all the witness testimony of both Trump and Epstein with young girls and the like, but Trump says it's all fake that he didn't know Epstein or spend time on his private Island or travel on Epstein's private plane. So here's the thing, with all of that evidence to the contrary why is he trying to deny it, why is he lying about it, what is it he is actually trying to hide, if he is so innocent why is he acting so guilty about it if he has done nothing wrong.

As for today, it was the conclusion of the clown show in the NY trial and when I say clown show I really just mean Trump, Christopher Kise and Alina Habba. There has never been a bigger group of clowns as those three. They are still making the exact same claims in closing, even though Judge Engoron has already told them that those exact same excuses are pointless and have nothing to do with the case, but still they insist no victims, but there are countless crimes without victims doesn't mean they are not crimes. That the banks didn't care once again, that doesn't mean diddly squat there was still a crime against them committed, and that the evaluations were perfect, but that's not what the fraud was, it was that he lied about how they got those evaluations, like saying properties were substantially bigger than they actually are or that an apartment block was full of residents when it wasn't, or even stating that a building was built when it was still under construction, these are all acts of fraud and that's only some of them, and they never once touched on any of these issues.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 01:24

how are there no victims?
no money was made, no payment was exchanged, nothing changed for anyone or any transactions, no taxes changed, nothing?
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 12:44

Observe wrote:
Thu, 11. Jan 24, 18:02
I think the whole Epstein thing is a bit of a nothing burger at this point. So what if Trump was on Epstein's plane, or even if he was on the island? That wouldn't make a hoot of a difference in the eyes of his supporters, who long ago, decided that the good (to them) in Trump, outweighs any bad that he might have done or might do in future.

The only thing that an increased link to Epstein will do, is add paper mache ammo for those who despise him. All of this foaming at the mouth from the anti-Trump crowd, is only adding to the drama and chaos that Trump and his supporters love and thrive on. We see it in the polls. Trump gains momentum, when liberals turn rabid.
It wasn't his supporters I was referring too. Lets say, that he did win back the WH, (I think its unlikely) but lets say that he did. And more evidence emerges of him being on that plane. Enough to convince a lot of people, that he is a child sex offender. first off, he travelling arrangements will be severely limited. I doubt anyone in the EU would want him in their country. There will be total and utter outrage that a child sex offender is walking around with royal treatment. (or very high indeed) many families (ant Trump or neutral) wouldn't want their kids near him. And in the US, OK, GOP states might allow him in, but I don't know about Dem controlled states.

So he will be a travel and security risk.

So while it won't hurt him now, it will later, and remember, a lot of the documents are still under seal. So it may be a year or more before more evidence comes out. (including what evidence already exists) and if Trump is trying hard to deny it, then its probably because he was on that plane and on that island) So not a big deal now, but give it a year or two, when the story reaches it's conclusion and climate.
It will be a scandrul for him and if the GOP still wants to support him then, remains to be seen. But this could be the tipping point, (if he was in the WH) if not, it won't matter much, as he will be a very broken man.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 21:03

Here's an interesting thing that I didn't know about. If Trump is fined what is being asked for the $370 Million that's not all he will have to pay, there will also be interest added onto that fine and that's around 9% and would come to around $200 Million, so his fine would come to around the $570 Million mark. January is going to be one hell of an expensive month for Trump, as you will also have the E. Jean Carroll fine on top of that, which could easily be $130 Million or even more, but also could be a lot less.

I've also been wondering if he wanted to appeal his fine, wouldn't he have to come up with the cash first, it's the reason why Giuliani isn't appealing his fine as he doesn't have the $148 Million. So do you think Trump has a spare $570 Million on hand, it's not like anyone is going to give him a loan or anything, and it will take some pretty serious grifting to get his fanatics to cough up that kind of cash.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 12. Jan 24, 12:44
And in the US, OK, GOP states might allow him in, but I don't know about Dem controlled states.
I take it by OK, you actually meant UK. The thing is, I'm not even sure he will ever be allowed to enter the UK as we don't normally allow people with sex convictions to enter the country about the only reason he may be allowed is that he hasn't been put on any sex offenders list and his conviction was civil not criminal. It's also why I think he came to Scotland when the last E. Jean Carroll trial was on, as he doesn't know if he will be allowed to enter the UK now. I also suspect if he does come back here, there will be a massive row over him being allowed to enter because he has been convicted of rape, only time will tell.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Jan 24, 23:27

@ felter: I don't read that OK as a typo for UK as that doesn't make sense when discussing types of US state political control. I read that OK as the OP saying 'And in the US, I agree that GOP states might ...'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 13. Jan 24, 01:03

You just got to love it, Trump has been hut with a court order telling him to pay the NY Times $392,000 for his frivolous attempt to sue them.

BBC coverage

They want to get in there pretty quick as the way things are going, by the end of the month he is not going to have any money left. :D

Return to “Off Topic English”