Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

notaterran
x3tc

Re: Trump - Criminal Procecution

Post by notaterran » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 22:05

It seems that Trump's Evangelical supporters will stick with him even if he's found guilty of many charges. Here's a discussion of the Evangelical problem from a Christian perspective:

Link
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 02:04

Colorado Supreme court has kicked Trump off of the ballot saying he is ineligible to run for president citing the 14th amendment, he is pretty much doomed now.

BBC

And Yesterday Judge Engoron pretty much ripped Trump and his Attorneys a new one when he denied their motion for a directed verdict, and he did it with a pretty damning filling on the subject. He mentioned that his lawyers had either no idea what the trial was about or they just didn't know what they were doing. He also pointed out what was wrong with their trial and that their witnesses were not credible that the trial was about fraud and not how you get a loan, he also says a lie is still a lie. January is going to be a pretty expensive month for Trump, Engoron is probably going to fine him somewhere between $500 million to $1 Billion, and then he has the Carrol defamation case where I think he will be fined by the Jury in excess of $150 million to keep up with Guiliani's recent fine. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump ends up with nothing by the end of next year, no money, no business and no freedom.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 03:29

See if it lasts. Common sense says Trump should be off the ballot.

People will still finance Trump and he still has some supporters with deep pockets.

It'll be over when it's clear that Trump doesn't become president.

US supreme court 3 democrat 6 republican appointees. Clarence Thomas (republican) is corrupt enough to be kicked out. The three trump appointees shouldn't be allowed to participate. Aileen Cannon another trump judge appointee delivers ridiculous judgments in favour of trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_C ... Membership

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 09:05

Chances are, though, the Hitler wannabe will be in prison before the election even takes place. SCOTUS will not grant him total immunity, otherwise Biden could just say he's the emperor now and usurp the government and it'd be legal to do so. Dude is gonna go down, one way or another.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 20:19

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 20. Dec 23, 09:05
Dude is gonna go down, one way or another.
I don't quite see that yet. Biden's poll numbers are abysmal, while Trump is continuing to gain in popularity. If the election were to be held today, Trump would win by a landslide. The only hope I see, is if Biden bows out and some other Democrat manages to take the political landscape by storm. I can't imagine who that would be and even if some Democrat messiah arose from obscurity it's probably too late anyway.

Short of a prison sentence, the only hope that Democrats have, is for Trump to be legally disqualified. We've seen that now in Colorado, but Trump can easily win without them and I don't see many other States following suit. One thing I wonder though, is if Trump takes Colorado to the the US Supreme Court and loses, does that mean the Supreme Court would have ruled that Trump is guilty of insurrection and would that then mean that he would be summarily disqualified nationally?

The other question, is can any of these counter-measures against Trump, be orchestrated in time to deny him what is looking like an inevitable victory? Personally, I hope both Trump and Biden be removed from the field and that other, less divisive candidates spring into action.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 21. Dec 23, 00:48

My problem with going with the polls Trump would win is that Trumps MAGA keeps on losing every time there is an election, it's not just an occasional loose it's basically every time and those are people Trump has personally endorsed and going by the polls they should have won, but they keep loosing and the loose big. While Trump does have his followers, when it comes down to it, I honestly think he would lose even if the election was tomorrow.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 21. Dec 23, 07:38

Biden is divisive? Really? Dude's a corporate sellout. He's about as close to a pre MAGA republican as one can be without being in the GOP. He's only "divisive" because the MAGA morons think anything left of them is a RINO or a communist or both and the talking heads on Faux News says this is what you must believe. There is no one the democrats can nominate that will ever be accepted by the GOP as they are today.

The GOP doesn't get to build themselves a wall, metaphorically speaking, between them and the rest of the country and then bitch because we're not on their side of it. They lost their f'n minds years ago when they put that Cheeto dusted wanker on the ticket to begin with and you shouldn't be surprised that those of us that are actual patriots are fighting back against fascism.

This ain't the time for some flower child, tree hugging hippie nonsense. I said it years ago and I stand by it today, the democrats need to kick these MAGA fools in their damn teeth, metaphorically and literally. We cannot afford to turn over our government to a Neo-Nazi regime, regardless of what happens in the courts with the insurrectionists trials and hearings. We didn't tolerate the Confederacy, and we didn't tolerate Nazi Germany. We don't have to tolerate MAGA either.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 21. Dec 23, 13:30

I think Biden's problem is that he isn't much of a Democrat. Or that Democrats lost most of their spine over the years.

I am still waiting for Net Neutrality to come back - has it been forgotten?

It's of course peanuts compared to overturning Roe vs Wade and the beautiful company of forever ministers we have in the Supreme Church now.

What's the plan for this? Who do we have to elect to get that fixed
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 29. Dec 23, 06:53

Trump's kicked off Maine's ballot.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 29. Dec 23, 12:03

The second tiny, shining light in the darkness...

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 00:57

That's something. I didn't expect that, nor I expected Colorado

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 01:12

Wake me up when a court in a swing state or red state comes to the same conclusion.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 00:05

My take on Trump being kicked from the ballot. He has two options 1. He can just accept that he has been kicked and to be honest it wouldn't make too much of a difference because they are pretty much Democrat states, problem is if he was to do this it could be taken that he is admitting he shouldn't be on the ballot as he did something he shouldn't. 2. He challenges the decision in the SCOTUS, to me that is a big risk as there is every possibility that SCOTUS will deem him ineligible and that he should be removed from the ballot but wouldn't that SCOTUS decision mean he would have to be removed from every ballot as their decision would affect every state and not just the states that have introduced the ban, as they cannot say you can't run there, but you can run everywhere else, that's not how it works. So he has a big decision to make, he either admits he is an insurrectionist that should be removed from the ballot, or he chances it and may be removed from them all.

It's the same with this Presidential immunity if he loses that then he has all but admitted he has committed a crime because to claim immunity he has to have done something to claim immunity for, it's just like a pardon once you accept that pardon you are taking responsibility for the crimes you have been accused of, so in the end if he loses his claim of immunity he will probably more than likely have his immunity attempt held against him. To also show you how stupid what he is claiming actually is, if the courts grant him total presidential Immunity, Joe Biden could have him killed and there is nothing anyone could do about it as he would have Total Presidential Immunity, this is why I can't see the courts ever granting him Total Presidential Immunity, but then again this is America's highest court we are talking about, and they are about corrupt as any court can get.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 12:57

I think he will chalenge this in SCOTUS, then again, it was Jack Smith who took the prez immunity case directly to SCOTUS, but they won't hear it until the lower courts have their say. While he thinks that is a big win, its not. And all the cases so far are still on track. Including the E Carroll case, as Trump has tried to get that delayed. But the appeal court has rejected that.

I can see SCOTUS putting Trump back on the ballot. But for prez immunity, not a chance. But the thing is, Trump has always tried to use the courts in his favour, and his play book hasn't changed. But he won't admit he has done wrong. In fact, the director of Home Alone 2 has admitted that Trump bullied his way onto that film, (and something I would believe) but Trump has said, there was no bullying. But again, Trump will never admit he is in the wrong. So he will fight things to the end. But there is one big difference now, he up against the DOJ and states. And they are for the most part are getting mighty tired of him. and with a lot more cash on hand. Once that NY fraud case ruling comes down, I think that will certainly cripple him some more. He will challenge that, but considering that his defence was a total shambles, I think the grounds for a reversal will be pretty slim. And that figure he will pay out is to be around 500m to 1b. So, His resources will be shrinking and he will find he won't be able to continue fighting.

I Hope that case does cripple him, he might still run, but his resources will be small. by the time the other cases come around, he will be a broken man. I'm fairly sure of it.
=

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 20:42

is Colorado not a swing State? They voted both Republican and Democrat before

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 12:22

Well, Trump has just shot himself in the foot
Donald Trump has shared a social media post that claims he tried to activate the Insurrection Act during the January 6 riot in the Capitol Building, which may signal a change in direction in his defense on charges of trying to overturn the 2020 election.
Well for starters, he now admitting that J6 was an Insurrection, so that will blow up any previous defence he might have. 2. he now thrown all his MAGA faithful under a bus. And there is still 3 hour time period that he could have activated this, but didn't.

This just seems to be him trying to throw water on the wall and seeing if it sticks.

What more, I wonder if any of the states that have yet to throw Trump off the ballot, might decide to do so now. As he has well and truly shot himself in the foot this time. :lol:

Talk about stupid.

As for his lawyers, they might as well pack their bags, they won't win this case.

There still a good chance nothing will change, but that might next year, when his words might bite him on the behind.
=

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 2. Jan 24, 20:34

he is saying he wanted to do what?

Insurrection Act to stop the Insurrection?

whether he wanted or not, he certainly didn't try,
I think he is just saying random things at this point as he usually does, but good one for the courts

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 01:06

Well, it is looking like Trump has messed up (again). He has been claiming Presidential Immunity to anyone and everyone in all of his cases, no matter whether they are Criminal or Civil, In his upcoming trial this month of his defamation of E. Jean Carroll, he tried to claim he couldn't be tried as he was President at the time, the court told him to take a run and jump as he had left it too long to claim Immunity that he should have done so 3 years earlier. He took that decision to the appeals court who backed up the lower court's decision, telling him voided that as he took too long.

Now here's the interesting part, he could take it to the Supreme court and ask them to make a quick decision, but he is already trying to slow down the Supreme court's ruling on his Immunity in his criminal trials. So that's how he has messed up, he can't go to the supreme court as they will just add it to the decision on the criminal case and make a quick decision on it, the thing is even his own lawyers don't think the supreme court will agree he has Immunity as they were on live television today already saying they are going to lose the decision as 3 of the judges are weak conservatives and will side with Democrats so that they don't hurt their feelings. Seriously, even his own lawyers are saying he is doomed, even before any decisions have been made.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 16:24

Seems stupid Habba is now saying something we have all know by now, in loud.
“You know people like Kavanaugh ― who the president fought for, who the president went through hell to get into place ― he’ll step up,” she said. “Those people will step up. Not because they’re pro-Trump but because they’re pro-law. Because they’re pro-fairness, and the law on this is very clear.”
This will certainly not help Trump, or those supremes, As Habba is basically saying, Trump scratched their back, its now time to scratch his.

Again for the Ballot, I suspect they might still rule in his favour, but in the immunity case, not a chance. Now after that remark, things will look even more dodgy for those that Trump put in position, either they should recluse themselves, or still risk their names going through the mud. Habba hasn't done anyone any favours.

Then again, she not the brightest, and certainly needs to be more sanctions against her and his other lawyers.
=

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 16:58

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 16:24
Seems stupid Habba is now saying something we have all know by now, in loud.
“You know people like Kavanaugh ― who the president fought for, who the president went through hell to get into place ― he’ll step up,” she said. “Those people will step up. Not because they’re pro-Trump but because they’re pro-law. Because they’re pro-fairness, and the law on this is very clear.”
[...]

Again for the Ballot, I suspect they might still rule in his favour, but in the immunity case, not a chance. Now after that remark, things will look even more dodgy for those that Trump put in position, either they should recluse themselves, or still risk their names going through the mud. Habba hasn't done anyone any favours.

[...]
Why would they care if their names go through the mud? There will be no actual consequences for anyone even if the decide to act with blatant disregard for any law. Nobody will ever hold them accountable, so a bit of, quite frankly, useless public outrage is not really that important.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Return to “Off Topic English”